While most of the Petersen Jeweler staff can help you with silver coin appraisals, Roger Petersen, the owner here at Petersen Jewelers, specializes in U.S currency appraisals and the buying and selling of gold and silver bullion. Find us on the jewelry side!
- 2020 Proof Sets
- 2020 Quarters: National Park of American Samoa, Weir Farm National Historic Site, Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve, Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park. Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve will not be in until December.
The best days to bring in coins for appraisal are Mondays 9:30-5, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30-6.
What We Buy/Sell
We are always buying and selling old U.S coins (90% silver dimes, quarters, and half dollars) dating 1964 and older. There are some half dollars between 1965-1969 that have a little more value than their face value of $0.50.
Old U.S paper money that are clear of pinholes, rips, tears, writing, or folds. $2.00 bills with the green seal are still valued at $2.00 and we do not buy them.
Silver and Gold bullion. Our prices are always based on the silver and gold market, which you can find the market prices here: https://www.kitco.com/market/
- State Quarters & National Park Quarters
- Presidential $1, Sacagawea $1, Innovation $1
- Kennedy Half Dollars (after 1970)
- Proof Sets, Prestige Sets, & Mint Sets
- West Point Proof & Uncirculated American Eagle Silver Dollars
- Blue Whitman Books & Dansco Albums
- 2×2 Coin Flips & Plastic Rounds, Bill Pockets
- Type Coins & Commemoratives